Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I have been tagged!!!



Thank you spaceofgrace @ The Homemaker's Library for tagging me the award, this is also my first award and I can't believe it, since I have only been blogging for a month. Everyone that I have found by blogging has helped me stay focused and not give up, whether you know it or not.


I'd better pass on the rules too:
1. Place the logo on your blog.
2. Link to the person who awarded you.
3. You can nominate up to 5 blogs.
4. You can then add their links to your blog.
5. Leave a message in the comment section to each nominee on their blog.
Note: If all of your friends have been tagged already, just list 7 things in a comment for all to enjoy!


Seven things about me:
  1. If you don't already know I am from South Alabama but what you really don't know is that I was born Michigan. My mom couldn't handle the cold and being away so six months later we moved back down south and never went back.
  2. I am not a cook. Lord knows I try but it just don't work out the way I want so needless to say that most of my meals come from boxes, god that sounds bad now that I am writing it down and reading, lol.
  3. I love being outside especially when its cold cause that means I can build bonfire.
  4. As much as I used to talk on the phone when I was a teenager I hate the phone now and it makes my body cringe everytime it rings.
  5. And speeking of phones I am married to a phone man of all things, lol.
  6. I have naturally curly hair that I try to straighten but it doesn't work. Why you ask? Well because the days I want it straight just happens to be the days that the humidity is very high and living where I do is impossible except when cold weather approaches.
  7. I have a thing about hurricanes and bad weather. My husband calls me obsessed and nuts, but I call it admiring Gods work. That will be a topic another day when I have more time so I can post photos and yes I do stand out in the middle of a hurricane to take pictures and videos. I guess thats why my husband calls me nuts, lol.

Now to TAG the blogs I visit often:

http://iamfrugal.blogspot.com/

http://southernseven.blogspot.com/

http://www.dealseekingmom.com/

http://familycorner.blogspot.com/

http://smallnotebook.org/

http://blessingsinthesouth.blogspot.com/

http://mypreciouspennies.blogspot.com/


Thank you again for tagging me and thanks for all the blogs that everyone puts out there for others to read and enjoy.




5 comments:

Southerner said...

Thanks for the award! I will do it in a little while- I need to go through and price some stuff for a garage sale right now.

I see you are from Mobile. That is where I grew up. We went to Cottage Hill and lived down Demotropolis Road. I wouldn't move back now for a million dollars- not because I hate Mobile but because we have all our family there and they are worse than a soap opera. I told my MIL that I was going to start watching tv to note drama so we wouldn't sound so boring when she talked to us.

Good job with starting to blog. We will have you cooking in no time. The big joke about me is that I do not ever go by a recipe. I am the kind of cook that looks at a recipe and I don't have half the ingredients so I substitute what I do have and am constantly saying that I hope it comes out because I didn't go by the recipe. Next hurricane it is me and you. I love it, too. We never left during a hurricane. We spent Hurricane Fredrick in the hall with 7 trees on the house and 3 going all the way through where we had branches coming down out of the ceiling. I thought I was going to die that night. God is good and protected us. No electricity for 3 weeks after that.

Charmed said...

I remember that hurricane very well because it was the first one I went through. We lost everything in that hurricane and had to start from scratch. It scared the you know what out of me but since then I have really learned alot and really enjoy them as well as respect the forces of nature. My husband is from a little town outside of Talledega and had never been through a storm until 2004 and it really got to him. He was really amazed at how I can take all the meat in the house and cook it on the BBQ grill without having to use power, I just told him it was skill lol.

Tina Leigh said...

Thanks for the award.....I didn't know I had a lurker out there, lol! You live in my old stomping ground. I grew up in Grove Hill (about 80 miles north of you on hwy 43). When ever we wanted to really shop...we went to Mobile...to Bel Air Mall. Spring Dale mall...mostly to go to Gayfers (Wasn't that the name of it). My parents liked to eat at Red Lobster on Air Port Blvd..do you remember Shakey's Pizza on Air Port...may have been before your time. We also use to go to Show Biz Pizza. Then there is the Battle Ship....oh and one of my favorite places in the whole world is the Krispy Kreme on Goverment before you get to the tunnel! Boy you have stired some memories for me this morning! Small world huh! I'll be back!

Tina Leigh said...

Oh my now I've looked at what the other girls wrote...Fredrick! Yes I was there too! But in Grove Hill (Clarke County)we got a pile of tonados to go with it! It was terrible! My neighbor HAD a pecan orchard across from our house...every tree was blown over leaving huge holes in the ground....the stuff in our yard from miles away! The sounds of the trains all night long!! Oh I will never forget! My husband didnt have a clue either what a hurricane could do until just a few years ago....we had it good then.

Rachel said...

Thanks Andi! I am from Alabama too -- I grew up in Birmingham!